I was talking to one of my teachers, this is what he said about Javascript
JavaScript is actually quite popular!

Tell your teacher he/she is wrong.

Tell him a lot of things are powered by JS including powerful librarys.

wanna master c++

wanna learn reverse engineering
wanna make my own roblox hacks (exploits nub)

ok thx for reading my signature ok bye now
(09-05-2017, 07:00 AM)Dalition Wrote: He said that Javascript is dying out. Is this true? I know that there are some pretty big libraries out there (such as Discord.js) that are heavily updated.

maybe but i'm not sure

The Edgiest of all the weebs

Exploits I own - Seraph
(10-24-2017, 01:10 PM)Kawaii Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 07:00 AM)Dalition Wrote: He said that Javascript is dying out. Is this true? I know that there are some pretty big libraries out there (such as Discord.js) that are heavily updated.

maybe but i'm not sure

to be honest javascript is on a roll rn its going smoothly
especially node.js 

tl;dr it's good

wanna master c++

wanna learn reverse engineering
wanna make my own roblox hacks (exploits nub)

ok thx for reading my signature ok bye now
This thread makes me cringe. Writing pure javascript is dying out.  Using frameworks such as jQuery, MooTools, node.js, Angular, ReactJs, ember.js, underscore, etc is the new thing now.  Now, don't get me wrong, these frameworks utilize javascript with the ECMA standards. The only thing is they have their own functions and wrappers to make your life easier.

According to GitHub, Javascript is the #1 language of repos, but that doesn't mean that these repos are written in pure javascript. Most likely they are used with frameworks.
(10-24-2017, 10:05 PM)digitalmarine Wrote: This thread makes me cringe. Writing pure javascript is dying out.  Using frameworks such as jQuery, MooTools, node.js, Angular, ReactJs, ember.js, underscore, etc is the new thing now.  Now, don't get me wrong, these frameworks utilize javascript with the ECMA standards. The only thing is they have their own functions and wrappers to make your life easier.

According to GitHub, Javascript is the #1 language of repos, but that doesn't mean that these repos are written in pure javascript. Most likely they are used with frameworks.

I think what he was trying to point out is that: 

There may be a lot of Javascript libraries, though they're not used as often as other languages, that you don't have to have libraries to do basic functions in.

That is all.

I am good at scripting in roblox lua (not as good as the awesome, creator of this forum and and many, many members of Rain!!)
If HTML is the backbone of UI, and CSS is the skin, then JS is the brain. It will not die down until a good alternative is made